This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
By ogopogo
I was out at Saxe Point (Esquimalt) yesterday at the ripe arbutus tree by the wedding sign and there were 6 birds visiting this tree (along with 2 Varied Thrush, a Fox Sparrow Sooty, and a Spotted Towhee) pecking bugs in the bark and eating the berries. They were as large as Varied Thrush but a little skinnier and bigger than any Sparrow. They would hop back to the ground and disappear under the hedge, then pop back up into the tree. My photos aren't that clear but can you tell me what these are? thank-you. It's the 3 frames following the 3 Varied Thrush shots.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ogopogonaturephotography/
I don't know if this of interest but here are the steps to include your photos directly in your posts:

1. Have the flickr photo you want to share open.

2. Click the share icon. (it will probably read "more ways to share" when you drag your cursor over it)

3. A box will open then click "Grab the HTML/BBCode."

4. Select BBCode at the bottom of the box.

5. Select your size. (medium works well)

6. Copy and paste everything from the text box into your post and that's all you need to do.

I hope this is helpful!

Best,

The nice bonus for the afternoon was as I was walk[…]