This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By Slabs
..but with one major redeeming feature: IT WAS TAKEN OUT OUR BEDROOM WINDOW!

I went for a run just now (the Sun Run is getting awfully close and I am still in dreadful shape!!) and as I was walking/stumbling/shambling back into our complex, I saw this Bald Eagle settle in a tree in the neighbouring townhouse complex. The best view I could get was from our bedroom window: turns out it was about 45m from our bedroom window as the crow flies (based on accurate observation of the one dive-bombing the eagle in the photograph… actually no: I used a laser rangefinder!).

Conditions were very poor (lots of intervening branches/twigs messing up the autofocus, serious backlighting from the overcast, not much light due to same overcast etc). On top of that I only got 3 shots before the eagle got too annoyed with the continuous harassment of 3 crows and flew off. So this really is not a quality shot of a bird: just a memento of something unusual.

And finally from Iona Beach Park, there were a few[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]

Thank you to all who came out to support OWL at ou[…]